Our trainers, assistants and volunteers are signed up to,
SUSAN has owned and trained dogs and horses since her teens. From 2004 she has focused
on dog training and the scientific analysis and modification of their behaviour. She is the owner, master trainer and behaviourist at The Dog Hub and specialises in risk reduction and community safety. She has achieved:
- Advanced Diploma in Canine Behaviour
Management (ADipCBM) with Distinction - making her a Canine Behaviourist (May 2015)
- Master Trainer with the Guild of Dog Trainers - confirming her capability as a professional companion dog trainer
- Certificate in Puppy Training with Distinction (October 2015)
- Diploma in Canine Aggression with Distinction (March 2017)
- Certificate in Canine Nutrition for Veterinary Nurses with Distinction (November 2017)
- Diploma in Canine Communication with Distinction (April 2020)
- Founder Member of iTD, the National Register of Dog Trainers and Behaviourists
- Executive Committee Member, The Registration Council for Dog Training and Behaviour Practitioners, Registration No RS16-C16
- Compassion Understood Pet Loss Care Support (July 2020)
- Trainer for DOG A.I.D (Assistance in Disability) (Aug 2020)
Her training groups (puppy
onwards) at THE DOG HUB aim to teach urban dogs and their owners how to cope
with the many challenges of inner city life. The one-to-one problem solving arm
of her practice expands on this: she is committed to rehabilitating dogs that
struggle to cope with the stresses and strains of living in today's fast-moving
world in dense and noisy metropolitan environments. All the training and support Susan offers is non-judgemental: "You
can't change the past, but you can
influence the future!" She believes
that learning should be fun and that, because the activities learned should be
fit for purpose, she offers each dog and its owners thoughtfully tailored
training packages. The retired head of the Status Dog Unit recently said of her that: "You can’t beat academic and experience and she has both in abundance".
Susan attends seminars and courses from the best dog training and behaviour practitioners in order keep her skills up to date. These cover topics such as aggression, nutrition, dogs and the law, and reactive dogs. She has a current DBS (disclosure and barring service) certificate.
Susan has one assistant, Yaro. She is on the journey to becoming a master trainers and behaviourist.
YARO started training with Susan at The Dog Hub when she got her first puppy, a female Doberman called Cleo. With Susan’s help she has managed to train her to a high standard and enjoys doing agility and CaniX with her. In the last two years Yaro has become closely associated with The Dog Hub since she raised an interest in pursuing a career in dog behaviour; she is currently assisting in puppy classes and private consultations. In the summer of 2015 Yaro started her own dog walking business and since then has had experience with dogs of many different breeds, personalities, sizes and backgrounds. This has made her appreciate the importance of teaching people (and dogs) skills that will enable both parties to have enriched, happy and fulfilled lives.